- SCHWINN PHOCUS 1600 BIKE REVIEW | BEST BUDGET ROAD BIKE
- Schwinn Phocus 1600 Assembly Review Test Ride
- Schwinn Phocus 1400 and 1600 Drop Bar Road Bicycle for Men and Women Review
- $100 vs $1,000 vs $7,000 road bike TEST (WHATS THE DIFFERENCE???)
- Schwinn Phocus 1600 (Shot on Samsung Galaxy S7)
- Best Schwinn Road Bike Reviews in 2020 – Top 5 Schwinn Road Bike For Amazing Road Cycling
- 5 Best – Entry Level Road Bikes 2016 (under $500) – Guide and Reviews
- Don't Wear Underwear On A Bike Ride And Other Beginner Cycling Tips
- Best Entry Level Road Bike
Drop Bar Mens Road Bicycle! 58cm/Large Alluminum Step-Over Frame, Carbon Fiber Fork, Shimano 16-Speed Drivetrain, 700c Wheels, Black
A great bike for the price and a good place to start serious bike riding. If riding bikes really gets into your blood then you can raid the bank account to buy a more top end model but this in my opinion is the bike to start with.
- Brand: Schwinn
- Manufacturer: Pacific Cycle (Over-Boxed Product)
Features Of schwinn phocus 1600
- Schwinn aluminum road frame with Carbon fiber road fork
- Shimano Claris 16 speed derailleur with Micro shift integrated shift/brake lever combo
- High profile alloy double wall rims with paired spokes are lightweight and strong with front Quick release
- Promax alloy dual pivot caliper road brakes for great breaking power
- Alloy crank for wide gear range
- PartNumber: S5492B
- Model: S5492B
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime
- Color: Black
- Size: Step-Over Frame
The schwinn phocus 1600 has got a frame shape that looks sleek and functional. You can see from the photos that it looks really good but you need to ride it to understand its benefits. This is probably the bike you want to buy if you’re looking for an entry level bike that can be more about riding enjoyment and less about training.
For your test ride you’ll need to ride the bike for at least one day to really understand it. You will need to have a fairly flat terrain to ride in order to appreciate its shape better. Make sure you avoid sharp turns as you don’t want to have to pull over to avoid damage. The 800 cost less and the 4000 is also less but it is much heavier and it doesn’t feel as light when you ride it.
It is important to note that when you first get on the bike you will have to adjust the seat and put the pedals on your feet in order to find a comfortable position. This will take a while so you may want to get something to take the hassle away. You can take a riding video but getting on the bike will be easier. You will also want to practice pulling away when you first start in order to get the feel of the bike. Once you have found a position that you can really get comfortable you can start to really push the limits.
Once you start to really put the bike to the test, you will be able to buy better clipless pedals or get one of the ones without clipless as these tend to get in the way of getting the pedals back on. Once you get the feel for the bike, you will find that you can easily ride for 50 miles without needing to put the pedals back on and you can easily ride more than 50 miles with them on.
Buying a Better Bicycle
If you want to save money and also take part in a great activity, then bikes may be just for you. People who have to use bicycles have different purposes in mind. Bikes are meant for recreation. If you want to make use of your bicycles as a method of transportation, you should realize the need to be informed. Bikes are cheap to buy. You can get them refurbished. If you want to enjoy great biking adventures in your village, you will have to be ready to do a little research.
If you are interested in the type of bikes that are available, you need to be informed about different types of bikes that are available. You should be informed about how much you will pay for your bike and the availability of bikes and bikes that are refurbished. If you are interested in a basic model that you can use for leisure, there is also a selection of basic models that you can choose from. There are also some bikes available with different accessories and even some with an integrated battery pack for your use. The bicycles that are available have also a few options available. You will have to be ready to select the appropriate option to suit your requirements. After you have been informed about the possibilities available in bikes that are available, you need to have a close look at what is the best option available in bikes. If you are ready to be informed, you can visit your nearest bicycle store. If you want to do a little research online, you will need to do a bit more work.
Most people who are interested in buying bikes are interested in buying a cheap one. You can buy a bike that is expensive, but you will not get a really good one that is cheap. When you are buying a cheap bike, it’s easy to be disappointed when you buy it. There are a few advantages of buying a bike from a bicycle store.
* If you want to buy a bike at a bicycle store, you are not likely to be disappointed. Most bikes are refurbished. This means that they are cheaper and also they have better components. They are refurbished bikes that you will purchase are perfect examples of the bikes that were originally purchased. If you are buying the original bike that was purchased, you are likely to get the good model and you are likely to get the best part and brand.
* The prices of bikes are cheaper if you are buying from a bike store. It’s likely that you will be buying a bike that is perfect in every aspect. If you are buying a cheap bike, you are likely to get an average model and you are likely to get some parts that are average and some that are poor quality.
* There is usually a guarantee of the bikes that you are likely to be purchasing. There is usually a warranty of the bikes that you are likely to be purchasing.
Buying a cheap bike is convenient. You can purchase a bike quickly and easily from a bicycle store. You don’t have to worry about any inconvenience and you don’t have to worry about the cost of the bike. You can simply sit on your couch and purchase a bike when you want it.
Buying a cheap bike is affordable. It is likely that there will be a brand and a model of the bicycle that you will be purchasing. A bike is likely to be priced extremely low.
Buying from a bicycle store means that you will get to watch over the bikes that you are likely to be purchasing to ensure that the quality of the bicycle is good.
The main issue that is faced by people who purchase from a bicycle store is that the bikes will not be of high quality. It is likely that you will be receiving bikes that are of low quality. That is not a good idea. However, it is possible to make the bikes that you are likely to be receiving high quality. You can do a couple of things.
First, make sure that the brakes are of good quality. Make sure that the brakes are tight and they perform well.
Second, the quality of the tires are also important. Check the quality of the tires, make sure that the tires are in good condition and that they are round and not sharp.
Third, the rest of the components of the bike are also important. Check the quality of the rest of the parts of the bike, make sure that they are all intact and that they are in good condition.
The last thing to think about when purchasing from a bicycle store is the price. If you are purchasing from a bicycle store, keep in mind that the price of the bicycle should be reasonable.
Remember the advice that you hear from other bicycle store employees when purchasing from them. It can save you a lot of money in the long run.
Tips on How to Keep Your Schwinn Phocus Bike In Top Shape
As a cyclist, one of your most important tasks is to keep your bike upright, with the tires touching the ground, and the wheels rotating at an easy to moderate rate. As a result, a regular inspection of your bike by riding it and testing the pedals is necessary to keep this from happening.
The reason for this is simple. If the tires touch the ground, or the wheels spin too fast, your bike will come apart. However, just how can this happen?
When you take your bike out for a ride, you use your feet and the pedals to make the bike turn. If you do this while it is fully loaded with bike parts, like tires, and other parts, the weight can cause these to move around. This can cause the wheels to turn faster, than would be normal.
This is a problem because the tires, wheel rims, and other parts that were loaded should be touching the ground. If they aren’t, the bike parts can come apart. This happens because, tires, which are very thin, can still move around enough to cause the wheels to turn faster than normal, and cause the frame to spin faster than normal, leading to injury.
Here are just a few things to look for while you look at your bike for parts to move around:
* Check your tires for wear and tear. The rubber will become worn and can be pushed around. It’s also important to watch for damage to the tube that carries air into the tire. If this tube is not bearing up, then you know your tires are worn, and should be replaced.
* Look for damage to your bike frame. Your frame can come apart if you’re frame is not built strong enough.
* Watch for sharp objects on your bike, like nails and screwdrivers.
* Look for loose screws on the bike, or loose bearings, that can cause the wheels to spin too fast.
Three Key Adjustments to enjoying a Comfortable Bike Ride
1. Make sure that your saddle height is correct. The seat that is the most comfortable for you will make you more efficient, but the most efficient you will be the less you will be able to pedal or pedaling will be very hard. To make this happen you have to change your saddle height.
The easiest way is to have your saddle pushed back so that your saddle height is higher than your knee. You can also use this method with your saddle pushed up or down to get this effect. When your saddle is pushed up it is the most comfortable to you. However, it will be the least effective.
If you pedaled with your hands at the 12 o’clock position then your saddle is too high. If you can’t reach the pedals or you would have to twist your ankles when you would push your legs back then your saddle is too low. You can raise it up or down by just moving your seat back or pushing the seat back.
So that you can get this position right then move your seat back until you can reach the pedals. It does not have to be super tight. When you have your seat pushed back then your leg is just straight and straight at the knee and your body is very relaxed.
2. Your seat angle. The angle of the seat also makes a difference in comfort. So make sure that your seat angle is the same as your pedal head. This is very important so your body can use gravity to get into this perfect angle. Try this method out and you will see how your body will benefit from it. You can get the angle of your seat by lifting your seat and turning it as you pedal. This should also be pretty easy with a set of clipless pedals.
It is also important to move your weight towards the inside of the pedal. This is to get your knee more inline with the pedal. If your knee is outside of the pedal then your efficiency will be worse. The way to get this position is to move your body weight towards the inside of the pedal. You can do this with your legs. You can push your legs closer together or separate. This will help you with positioning your knee as the center of gravity. To get this position try pushing your legs closer together and walking.
Once you get this angle, your efficiency will go up. Now try pushing your legs farther apart, walk, then push them closer together and walk. This will be the final position that you need to get your foot in.
3. The pedal position. Try pushing your pedals further apart or closer together. Try these techniques and you will get the position you need and want. You can also move your pedals around and move the saddle up and down. All these positions will change the relationship between your knees and your pedal, but they will not change the angle.
These are just a few tips that you can use. You can also try the pedal testing to check the location of your pedal. Be sure to test before you ride. You can find a lot of ways to test the location of your pedal. You can use your feet and pedals as a guide. If you have a toe clip or a heel clip that you prefer to wear, wear the one you prefer to wear, but most likely you will want to wear the one that is easy to get on and off. If you have knee pads, you will want to wear the knee pads so the knee can be lifted during the test.
There is a lot more on these three points of the bicycle, but you can read those elsewhere. These three are very important to get right to have a comfortable ride. Once you get your back and seat adjusted to a comfortable setting, you will then need to focus on your position on the bike.